Sunday 30 June 2013

Back on Track!

 
Yes, I'm back on track, I did 137 miles in June, my target is 130. It should have been more as I was due to go out for a ride with Haribo Joe today but my gout as flared up again, so I've had to sit and watch the Tour de France.
 
This time last year I had only done 420 miles, so nearly double that so far this year.
 
A lot of the miles this month are due to the new job which I can cycle to. It's only 4.5 miles, but they all count.
I take the shortest route in the morning, but I will do different routes home taking in a hill or two, or do some sprintervals training.
 
Sprintervals or HIIT training involves cycling hard out for a short set time period and then easing off for a rest period. I keep it simple by doing a minute on and a minute off, but you can vary it.
The main reasons I do them is to get me used to cycling faster, and also it burns more calories than steady cycling.
 
This month I need to get in some more hills, because at the end of the month I'm doing The Wiggle Mega Meon Sportive with Haribo Joe and my brother Pete. We're doing the "short" course which is only 55 miles, which will be my longest ride, but there will be 3000 feet of climbing, such fun.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment