Tuesday 28 May 2013

Bloody Typical!

Amazing weather for a Bank Holiday weekend and I was laid up with a sore knee.
Read about my sore knee here.

To make matters worse, I wake up Tuesday morning to the sound of rain, but hardly any pain in my knee.
The stretches and foam roller have worked.

Gutted that I missed out on a few rides, and also I couldn't do much with my family because of the pain.
But pleased that the pain is over.

What have I learnt?

I want to do more and more cycling, and to do this I need to look after my body, especially as I've got previous rugby injuries to deal with.
Therefore I will be starting a stretching and strengthening program to try to prevent the injuries, rather than fixing them when they happen.
The main focus will be building up my core strength and my stabilizing muscles in my ankles, knees and hips, I've got a wobble board somewhere in my shed.

Any tips, advice or good websites to check out will always be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment